Monday, January 2, 2012

Chalkboard Paint, I think I love you

I have recently discovered the awesomeness that is chalk board paint.  It's so much fun to use!!  And, to think you can draw on it, erase and start over; what's not to love!?

I was recently doing a secret gift exchange with an Ottawa group, and the lovely, awesome gal I got is a teacher.  Itried to find some fun gifts and ideas for her, and came upon this idea:

Taken from http://www.tipjunkie.com/18-creative-things-to-do-for-back-to-school/
Now, my original idea was to make a Flower Pen to put in it, but for some reason, the floral tape I found just didn't stick.  At all!  So, I just painted the pot for her, in a similar fashion to this one, and put some fun pens in it to use (she's moving soon, so figured a plant may not be the best idea for now).

Here's the version I made!

The Moi version!  Not as fancy, but pretty good.




I used some Chalk Pens to write and draw on the bottom part, and the back of this is all free to draw with real chalk.  Obviously, not as great as the original, but I think it turned out great!  I used the one from Martha Stewart, from Michael's, but for those who've seen the 'make your own' post on Pinterest, it apparently works great (as per same friend, who made it and used it).  Definitely a cheaper alternative, as the MS one is not cheap, and you can make whatever color you want, which can be hard to find sometimes.

I'm currently working on another pot, painted mainly with chalk paint.  Hopefully I can post the other one soon, along with my current project (currently drying on my desk).  There are also 2 other projects involving this paint that are on the go.  Hence the not posting much lately.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment