Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More fun with Chalkboard paint!


By now, you've probably noticed a trend here.  I like my new crochet love, and I am really liking to paint.  Especially with that Chalkboard paint!  Here's another little project I've been working on (will be a while until it's fully done though), based on the idea found here: Frugal Decor Mom - Kitchen Organization.

I wish I could say all my ideas are original, but they are not.  Every now and then I'll think up something not too bad, but it's usually based on previous work I've seen.  So, after seeing this idea pop up on, you guessed it, Pinterest, I figured it'd be a great way to organize all those random bags of spices I have in our cupboard, and in the future (after accumulating more pots), all the other spice jars we have that are all randomly matched up.  Will also make it easier to head to Bulk Barn to stock up, and also cheaper.

Here's the process and a few of the finished pots!  I'm pretty happy with how these turned out.


My trusty Martha Stewart paint.  So far, it hasn't failed me.



Lids, pre-painting.  I have never used primer for these projects, mostly cause I couldn't find it the first time around, but I can imagine it'd do a good job, and help a bit with the paint.

After one coat, these are the lids!!
3 coats later, and my magic chalk marker (it just stays put longer), and this is the result...
TADAH!  The 4 I have right now.


Alternate way to do it, same items: Magnetically.  It's really neat too this way.

Now, just need to find something to put them in my cupboard in, and we're golden!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment