Monday, April 2, 2012

Baby shower fun!

I love babies.  I especially love baby showers.  Even more so now that I can do fun things for them!  A lovely friend of mine just had her baby shower a few weeks ago, and I was so glad she invited me to join in on that fun.  I adore shopping for little baby things (especially when I know what people want), and I've discovered I love making little baby things even more.

One of the fun things I got to make was a beautiful football themed baby hat.  She had a similar one on her registry, and I thought I'd try my hand at it.  Worse that happened was no one ever knew about my failed attempt and that was that.  It turned out so much better than anticipated though.  I'm completely in love with the hat I made.  So much so, I decided to make another smaller one for her too (the first one ended up being much bigger than I anticipated), so the little man will have a football hat for a few months at least.

I may have forgotten to take pics of my own, so here's the one she took.  You should have seen the cute card I made her too!

Isn't it adorably cute?!  The pattern was taken from this site: Football Hat  Obviously, I didn't make the little ear portion, but otherwise, I just followed their pattern.

Now, I cannot wait to meet this new little man in a few weeks, as I think mommy-to-be would agree on!

A co-worker of mine just had their first little man also this week (earlier than anticipated), and I just finished the cute bear hat I wanted to make for him.  I'm pretty happy with this one also, seeing it's the first time I had to make separate parts and sew them together.

A fuzy beat hat.  Cute, huh?
Had to find someone to model it for me ;)  She wasn't happy about it...

 The ears are a bit different in the middle, I need to work on that, but otherwise, I think the fuzz makes it fun and different.  What do you think?

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Seriously??!?! You Did such a great job! They look amazing!!!

    Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them!! Especially the fuzzy bear!!!!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! :) Totally adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bear hat is cute too! You're doing great!! :)

    I love, love, love my football beanies and I CANNOT wait for the little one to get a chance to wear them! Thank you again so much! I'm glad you're enjoying doing them!

    (also I can totally vouch that the card was fantastic too!!)

    ReplyDelete