Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The little Nicosaurus' birthday

Growing up, I never had big birthday parties, and that's one thing I am rather sad about.  For some reason, I just love birthday parties!  The planning, the cake, the people.  I got my first real birthday party a couple of years ago actually (a Tinkerbell themed one to boot!  Complete with Cosmos.  Teehee) and it was such a blast.  I couldn't wait to have our own kids and plan parties myself.

Sure enough, fast forward a couple of years, and here we are, with an almost 1 year old of our own.  Man, time has just flown by!  And, we're planning our little man's first birthday.  Our nickname for him almost since he was born has been Nicosaurus, cause he was growling and making some rather pre-historic sounding noises from an early stage.  It stuck, and sure enough, the theme for his first birthday is Dinosaurs.  So far, we've gotten the invites done, and I love them!  They aren't quite what I had in mind originally, but hubby's idea was too cute to not do (I can do mine for the Thank You cards later).  So, here they are, our fun Dino party invites!

Aren't they adorable little dinos?
It was a bit long to glue all those tiny pieces, but so worth it.

The Cricut came in beyond handy for this!!  The teeth are made from Triangles, and the nostrils from apostrophes in the George and Basic Shapes cartridge.  All the letters are from the Dinosaur Tracks cartridge.  So many more plans for that little machine in the planning of this birthday.  I should have more soon, there isn't much time left after all.  EEK!!

I can't wait to hand them out this weekend!  Especially since last Easter was the day we ended up going into labor, after family supper.  It'll be odd to be there this year with the tiny little person that came so soon after it last year.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment